Please view Bullet Mold Design Assistance Sheet
We make Custom Bullet Molds to your specifications for a $175 setup and tooling fee plus the cost of the mold. When we receive your mold design, we will enter in the order and charge you. Our engineer then creates a print and sends it to you for approval. After your approval, your mold will be schedule for production.
It is our policy that for ALL custom orders you submit payment with your order. If you cancel your order after it has been placed and processed, the charge for the mold is refundable, but the tooling fee is NON-refundable.
- Double cavity molds are $26.00 each (minimum of 2 per order) and six cavity molds are $53.00.
- The $175.00 setup and tooling fees will be waived on orders of 30 pieces or more.
- Dealers and Distributors will receive their discount on orders of 100 pieces or more.
- Shipping/Handling is $6.00 per order. If you are interested, please view Bullet Mold Design Assistance Sheet.
Due to the complexity and time constraints, as of January 2009, we no longer accept orders for hollow point or hollow base molds.
Maximum bullet mold dimensions for standard mold blocks; (all dimensions in inches) double cavity, .600 dia. .900 length; six cavity, .520 dia. 1.000 length.
Round ball molds require the use of a carbide ball to create it. These items are expensive, and is reflected in the prices for custom round ball molds. Round Ball mold diameters of .690 and below is a $150 setup fee in addition to the regular mold price and diameters of .690 and above require a $250 setup fee in addition to our regular mold price.
Lead time for all custom bullet molds is currently about 6 weeks, but could become longer with demand.
Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway "U"
Hartford, WI 53027
Lee Precision Custom Bullet Molds Policy
- Our mold tolerance is stated diameter +.003 / -.000 inch. For example, if the diameter dimension on the bullet mold drawing is .429 inch, actual mold cavity diameter can vary from .429 to .432 inch.
- We do not guarantee that a custom bullet mold will cast to a specific diameter or weight. If a specific diameter is required it is best to dimension the mold to cast slightly large, then size the bullet down to the desired diameter. Bullet weight depends on the alloy used in casting. We can provide the volume of the bullet in cubic inches or cubic centimeters, but it is up to the bullet designer to calculate the weight based on the density of his or her alloy.
- Custom molds must be inspected and returned if found defective within 30 days of receipt
- We do not keep spares for all the different custom mold designs we make. Therefore, if the mold block is damaged by the customer, it will not be replaced. We can still repair damage to the sprue plate or mold handle.
- If you cancel your order after the final print has been approved, the charge for the mold is refundable, but the setup and tooling fee is NON-refundable.